SHENLEY VILLAGE FETE – 2021 CANCELED
Fete 2020 – Feedback
The Fete planning for 2021 has already begun and we have re-booked this year’s attraction to appear – Dr. Phantasma’s Amazing Sideshow. We are looking forward very much to seeing them.
Next year’s Fete is a long time away but what we have found quite amazing this year is the extraordinary generosity of our sponsors who have donated, in some cases more than usual, to our Fete donation fund for 2020. And we haven’t even had a Fete!
Our sponsors are:
- A.T Bone – Farming & Construction Svcs.
- Bob Prince – Shenley Resident.
- Eddie McGuire – Shenley Resident.
- David + Lucy Wernick – Wernick Group.
- DGS – Chartered Financial Planners.
- Griggs Homes.
- Gristwood and Toms – Environmental Svcs.
- Road Tech Computer Systems.
- Statons Estate Agents.
- Wood Hall Stud.
Overall we have raised £5,100 this year.
A very big thank you to all our sponsors! Several donations are earmarked for particular recipients by donors. These recipients are:
- The Sir Richard Cox Charity
- Hedgehog protection
- de Havilland Aircraft Museum
The Fete Committee felt that in the current climate we are all experiencing we should favour our young people, particularly those of Shenley. We are giving to:
- 1st Shenley Cubs. Shenley Primary School PTA.
- 1st Shenley Rainbows. Hertfordshire Police Cadets.
- Elstree District Explorer Scouts. Watford Peace Hospice.
- The Explorer Scouts and the Hertfordshire Police Cadets help us enormously over the Fete weekend.
Since 2008 the Fete has donated £57,329 with our emphasis always being on Shenley charities and good causes.
Imagine the impact of seeing a wonderfully colourful and dynamic show. See the Pain-proof Man! See the Fire King blowing huge plumes of fire! See the Fire Juggler!
Marvel at Miss Elastina twisting and contorting her body! Gasp as Romana ascends the razor-sharp Ladder of Swords! Amazing acts and attractions in one show, for all ages, presented by a very unusual collection of strange performers!
All our usual attractions will be at the Fete as well, including Bungee Jumping, the Bouncy Castle, the Climbing Wall, the Inflatable Slide, the Tea Cup roundabout, Hamster rollers, Wipe out and the Maze. We will also have Borehamwood 2000’s ‘Beat the Goalie’, Electric Go – Karts and Punch and Judy shows and the Coconut Shy. The Phoenix Concert Orchestra will also be performing. The numerous stalls include those run by many local businesses, with Candy Floss, the Beer Tent run by Alex from the Orchard Tea Rooms and the food tent with sensibly priced food managed by Justin Posner, a Fete Committee member and the always popular WI tea tent.
It will be a really fun afternoon and the price stays at £1 for adults and 50p for children.